kuro5hin.org || 12 Year Old Girl Commits Suicide After Christian Taunts.

Andrew Alston andrew at security.za.net
Fri Mar 16 05:28:05 PST 2001

Hi all,

I was reading this article and I must say that I find the author to be
rather biased and strongly disagree with some of the things he said, for
example

-Quote-
To acknowledge that Tempest Smith's classmates were exerting cruel
psychological torture on the young woman with the hymns their church had
taught them would be to indict not only the school children, but the hymns
as well. To make this tragic event public knowledge would be to put a mirror
to the face of the majority, forcing them to see the intolerance in their
own eyes, crumbling their arguments that it no longer exists.
-Unquote-

The use of hymns to impose psychological tramour on someone else cannot
indict the hymns themselves, that is total and utter bullshit, is that not
the same as saying that when someone uses a steak knife to stab someone, the
person who did the stabbing is responsible as well as the knife?  Total
utter crap.

Secondly:

-Quote-
Cassie Bernall was not persecuted because of her beliefs, she was gunned
down at random by madmen. Tempest Smith was driven to suicide by the
constant harassment from her peers, who were singling her out specifically
for her religion. The former's death was a senseless act of violence, the
latter's the result of hate.
-Unquote-

They claim persecution due to belief, but at the same time Ive been around
wiccans, and I would be very very interested to know just how much pushing
of her beliefs she did on other people, because Ive heard the ridicule of
Christians that come out of wiccan mouths.  I dont agree with any form of
religious persecution, and I believe that a person should be able to believe
what they want, and express it how they want, providing that they dont push
it on other people, hence, if this story is infact true, the kids that
pushed her to suicide were wrong, but Im interested to hear what she did to
incite this, because I seriously doubt kids singing hymns at her without
either provocation from her or alternatively pushing from their
teachers/parents.

Anyway, I just thought I would give my comments

Later

Andrew