Choatian Constitutional Principles & Privacy

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Wed Mar 14 20:41:42 PST 2001

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Aimee Farr wrote:

> "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and
> effects against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated and
> no warrants shall issue but upon probable cause supported by oath or
> affirmation and particularly describing the place to be searched and the
> persons or things to be seized."
>
> Mr. Choate, where does it say you have the right to private communications?
> It doesn't.

It doesn't have to. I claim the right of 'privacy'

                                Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be
construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

The federal want to regulate it?

                                 Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or
to the people.

Private records, public record. That they are records is sufficient,

                                Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and
effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated,
and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or
affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the
persons or things to be seized.

My laywer friend here draws a 'false distinction'.

         If the law is based on precedence, why is the Constitution
         not the final precedence since it's the primary authority?

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com