Mr. Choate, an important message from Justice Scalia....

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Wed Mar 14 15:17:27 PST 2001

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Aimee Farr wrote:

> Senate hearings in which candidates for federal judge or Supreme Court
> justice are grilled about which rights they believe are in the Constitution.
> Eventually, voters will choose and demand judges based not on their ability
> to interpret the Constitution but on the political positions they hold, he
> warned.<snip>

The Supreme Court isn't supposed to be interpreting the Constitution per
se, they're supposed to be deciding if laws passed by Congress are
constitutional. Two different animals.

Last time I checked Scalia had no problem ignoring ...shall make no law...

He certainly isn't bitching about the IR search violations of the 4th.

I don't believe he was in the opposition to the 'assisted suicide' ruling
which states that there is no right in the Constition in this regards. In
direct contradiction to both the 9th and 10th.

Scalia is a hypocrite.

         If the law is based on precedence, why is the Constitution
         not the final precedence since it's the primary authority?

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com