My .sig

Alan Olsen alan at clueserver.org
Tue Mar 13 12:00:09 PST 2001

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 08:45:44PM -0500, Trei, Peter wrote:
> > Not many people use fixed width fonts to read mail, so I'll let the
> > rest of you know that it's a crude representation of an armadillo.
>
> I do use fixed-width fonts to read email, and never figured this out.

Most people use fixed width fonts. It is the default for most, if not all,
mail applications.  (Until the so-called power users start mucking with
the settings...)

> It looks more like a really fat rat to me anyway.

I just ignore it.  But them again, I have a pretty large mail spool so I
don't worry about the little bit of added space it takes.  Much better
things to get worked up over.

alan at ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."