Unix Linux Association Involvement (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Mon Mar 12 22:01:08 PST 2001

Pass this baby around!!!!!!!!!!

         If the law is based on precedence, why is the Constitution
         not the final precedence since it's the primary authority?

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com
                           -====~~mm-'`-```-mm --'-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 23:10:19 -0600
From: Deborah Chen <Deborah_M_Chen at mail.utexas.edu>
To: tag at einstein.ssz.com
Subject: Unix Linux Association Involvement

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Deborah Chen and am writing on behalf of the Unix/Linux
Association (ULA) at The University of Texas at Austin.  We are a new
organization that started last semester dedicated to helping students learn
and apply Unix and Linux.  Currently, our goals are as follows:

1.  To help students learn about Unix/Linux and to promote awareness about
these systems
2.  To create a network of online users to aid other Unix/Linux users
3.  To invite corporate speakers to speak about their user of Unix and Linux
within their business
4.  To push for the active use of Unix and Linux around campus

We have had some speaker sessions including Ken Harker, as well as an
Install Fest, which more than 50 students attended.  We are definitely
excited about the new awareness of Unix and Linux.

In order to reach our goals, we are seeking more speakers specialized in
their knowledge of Unix and/or Linux.  Since our group is extremely diverse
in its skills level of Unix and Linux, we are looking for topics that
generate interest and motivation to learn more about Unix and Linux.  We are
seeking a speaker for our last meeting of the semester on April 23rd.  If
convenient, we would deeply appreciate any help and/or suggestions.  Please
let us know if you are interested in being involved with our organization
and possibly sending a speaker next semester of Fall 2001.

As any new organization, we are also seeking sponsorship.  This will help us
pay for publicity items (such as posters, fliers, etc.) as well as
refreshments (such as pizza during meetings since students tend to come to
meetings that provide food).  Sponsorship will also us to hold larger events
that may allow the involvement of more students and spark more interest.

Thank you so much for your time.  If you have any additional questions
regarding our organization, you may contact me at
Deborah_M_Chen at mail.utexas.edu, or our organization president, Walter Hung
at unixlinuxut at aol.com, or take a look at our temporary website,
www.unixlinux.homestead.com.  We look forward to any help you may offer.
Please let us know as well if there is anything we can do for you.

Best regards,

Deborah Chen
Corporate Consultant Officer