My .sig

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Mon Mar 12 17:45:44 PST 2001

> From: 	Jim Choate[SMTP:ravage at einstein.ssz.com]
> Yes, it's insulting. Hell, it's insulting to me.

Since you broached the subject....

The text of the .sig, in either this or the 'classic' version, doesn't
bother me. However, it's too long: The copyright notice is
redundant since the Berne Convention, and ascii graphics in
sig files ceased to be cool about the time disco died.

Not many people use fixed width fonts to read mail, so I'll let the
rest of you know that it's a crude representation of an armadillo.
Why Jim would choose this creature as a personal totem is an
interesting question. The armadillo is best known for it's
stupidity, often demonstrated on Texas roads: ("hmm... a very
big thing is bearing down on me at 60 mph. I'll deal  with it by
rolling into a ball...... SPLUUUP!"

They are also the only known non-human carriers of leprosy.

BTW Jim, you ought to read PJ O'Rourke's "Parliment of Whores".
(this suggestion is not made in satire or irony; I honestly think
you'd enjoy it :-)

Peter Trei
(who does not need a .sig but often #includes std-disclaimer.h)