Slashdot | 15 Minutes

Sunder sunder at sunder.net
Mon Mar 12 11:46:34 PST 2001

I don't mind so much that he surfs one or two news sites and posts a bunch of
urls.

I'd wish that:

1. he'd stick to on-topic articles and not give us any random shit he likes
2. he'd post a one or two paragraph quote from the article describing it
   under the urls.
3. put all the news stories from one site (slashdot for example) in one
   email as if it were a digest.

The way he "helps" us is annoying at best and only one or two notches removed
from spam.

What pisses me off is that I actually do read slashdot regularly, and don't
need twenty or so emails a week with just urls.  It's pointless to send
them here if they don't generate discussions, and rarely do they ever.

Hey, it's great that someone this year will be able to clone humans.  It's
great that there's some guy up in canada that wants to build a napster clone
and use sealand, it's great that there are movie reviews out there, it's
great that strides are being made in quantum computing, but none of it is
relevant here.

Hell, what's next?  I enjoy eating out once in a while, Jim, while it might
be entertaining for you to post restaurant reviews, it would also be off topic.

Well at least he's not emailing us entire web pages javascript and all
anymore...
I guess the lithium is helping a bit... if only he'd take some of the prozac
too.

:)

--
 + ^ + :Surveillance cameras|Passwords are like underwear. You don't /|\