Toy gun ban: This is pleasantly insane

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Mon Mar 12 13:04:59 PST 2001

At 12:45 PM -0800 3/12/01, Alan Olsen wrote:
>Frank Zappa used the term "Drool Britania" to describe the government in
>the UK.
>
>I think he was right.
>
>Next thing you know, it will be considered assault to hold your finger
>like a gun and say "bang".  (If it is not already.)

Kids have been detained and expelled from schools for doing precisely
this. "Zero tolerance." (Check new archives if interested...this was
within the past several months.)

And I believe some gang banger types were busted for doing this in
the direction of a cop in L.A. But maybe this was just in a movie,
which reality is increasingly resembling.

--Tim May
--
Timothy C. May         tcmay at got.net        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns