Toy gun ban: This is pleasantly insane

Alan Olsen alan at clueserver.org
Mon Mar 12 12:45:22 PST 2001

Frank Zappa used the term "Drool Britania" to describe the government in
the UK.

I think he was right.

Next thing you know, it will be considered assault to hold your finger
like a gun and say "bang".  (If it is not already.)

Zero tollerance requires a zero IQ.

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/low/english/uk_politics/newsid_1207000/1207355.stm
>
> Some toy guns could be made illegal if the government goes ahead with its
> intention to ban replica firearms.
>
> Home Office minister Charles Clarke revealed that such a move was possible
> when he spoke at an exhibition of seized fake weapons, which included
> imitation Uzi machine pistols and an SA-80 assault rifle.
>
> Such replicas can be bought in shops or by mail order and are frequently used
> by criminals.
>
> The minister said replicas posed a "real threat" to society.

alan at ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."