Robb Joins the Cypherpunks

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Fri Mar 9 23:25:15 PST 2001

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 04:47:37PM -0800, Eric Cordian wrote:
> I guess Declan must feel that as long as it's James Dalton Bell, and his
> elderly parents, who are the only likely victims of the anal plungering
> such comments engender, that it's great journalistic fun to put
> "Cypherpunk Terrorist Vows Revenge" articles at the top of Wired News to
> celebrate Bell's release from coercive mistreatment at the hands of the
> state apparatus.

That wasn't the headline, and in any case I don't write headlines
for my articles.

If anyone was in a position to object to the article -- which you seem
to think is unfair to Bell -- it was in fact Bell, and he did not. As
you can tell from my published articles, I interviewed him after that
time.

-Declan