SF Bay Area Cypherpunks March 2001 Physical Meeting Announcement

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Fri Mar 9 22:16:45 PST 2001

At 7:08 PM -0800 3/7/01, alphabeta121 wrote:
>how far is das bier garten to the mass transit?
>if its less than a 30 min walk i can hoof it.

There's a map in the URL in the original message. If that doesn't work, try:

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=3915+Alpine+Road&city=Portola+Valley&state=CA&slt=37.380900&sln=-122.193900&name=&zip=94028-8001&country=us&BFCat=&BFClient=&mag=8&desc=&cs=9&newmag=7&poititle=&poi=

I make it to be about 2 miles south of the Stanford campus, along
Alpine Road of course. The Stanford campus is itself quite large, and
the walk from either the train station or the bus stop on El Camino
Real is probably 30 minutes just by itself. Probably 4 miles on foot,
total.

I would offer to give you a lift from either the train station or the
bus stop, if you could say fairly precisely when you would arrive,
except that I have no idea who you are. The nym "Lucky Green" I would
make a point to pick up, but the nym
"alphabeta121 at hotmail.com" will have to make other arrangements.

No offense intended.

I've been to Rossotti's, aka Zott's, aka the Alpine Inn many times. A
real slice of collegiana.

(This should not be a promise that I will be at Zott's, aka the
Alpine Inn, tomorrow. I may cancel, given the narcing that is
becoming more the norm lately. Wouldn't want the expression of my
opinions to result in a royal command to appear for incrimination at
a show trial. Some country this has become, eh?)

--Tim May

--
Timothy C. May         tcmay at got.net        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns