DoJ and Cypherpunks...

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Fri Mar 9 14:49:29 PST 2001

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 04:45:34PM -0500, John Young wrote:
> I guess I missed Declan's letter to Robb, and I don't see
> it in the Inet archives. Anybody get a copy of it? Those
> cc:s to cpunks in Robb's message surely came from
> Declan's letter, no? Or is Robb baiting hooks?

I didn't send a message to Robb, and have not initiated any contact
with or responded to any contact from the prosecution.

I sent a message to the cypherpunks list that quoted from DOJ
regulations. Robb, apparently a cypherpunk subscriber, replied
to that message but removed the Subject: line.

I wonder if John Young is a journalist, and needs to have his
subponea approved by John Ashcroft too...

-Declan