Stocknight- After Market Edition

Stocknight ListServer bounce-stocknight-373127 at lyris.stocknight.com
Fri Mar 9 16:16:55 PST 2001

[Stocknight.com]                                                 [Image]
[Image]

  Issue 2                                                March 9, 2001

   Today's Issue                                              [Image]

   The NASDAQ stumbled to a 27 month low Friday, driven in party by a
   nasty earnings warning by chip maker Intel. The Nasdaq composite
   index dropped 115.88, or just over 5 percent, to  2,052.85 during
   Friday's session, it's lowest level since Dec. 17, 1998. The DOW
   was battered too, falling 213.63, or almost 2 percent, to
   10,644.62 managing somehow to stay up 1.7 percent for the week.

   CNNfn stated in an article published Friday, that  "analysts said
   investors do not need to run for the hills in a panic." despite
   the bloodbath in the tech sector quoting Seth Martin, an analyst
   with IDEAglobal.com as saying, "I think stocks really are near
   their lows at this point and I think investors are
   bargain-oriented right now. They believe in some sort of comeback
   by the end of this year so if you believe in that, you have to
   like stocks at these prices."

   We'll see on Monday as earnings statements continue to be
   released.

   Breaking News                                              [Image]

   At StockNight we prefer to publish news in our Breaking News
   section that truly is "Hot off the Press." When at all possible we
   try and work with news that has been released after the marker's
   close or late in the trading day.

   Today, at roughly 22 minutes after Friday's market close
   Saf-T-Hammer (otcbb: SAFH) issued a statement that many of our
   readers will undoubtedly find interesting given the tragic school
   shooting of this week.

   Here is part of the release:

         Saf-T-Hammer Responds to Child Safety Lock Legislation

   SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.--March 9, 2001--Saf-T-Hammer Corp. (OTCBB: SAFH
   - news), the Scottsdale-based firearm safety and security company
   today responded to the efforts of Wisconsin U.S. Sen. Herb Kohl's
   March 1 reintroduction of the Child Safety Lock legislation he
   authored.

   Sen. Kohl has also authored the Youth Handgun Safety Act of 1994
   and the Gun-Free School Zone Act, which makes it a federal crime
   to knowingly bring a gun within 1,000 feet of a school or to fire
   a gun in these zones.

   ``We are watching this legislation closely,'' said Robert Scott,
   president of Saf-T-Hammer. ``There is a continuing, growing
   awareness of the need for firearm safety solutions. The recent
   school shooting in San Diego tragically brought the issue to the
   nation's attention again.''

   The ``Child Safety Lock Act of 2001'' reintroduced into the Senate
   last week under Senate Bill S 436, calls for safer keeping of
   firearms including the requirement of child handgun safety locks
   included in every sale and transfer of a handgun.

   ``All firearm owners, most of whom act extremely responsibly, have
   an obligation to store and secure their firearms in a manner to
   prevent unauthorized access,'' said Scott. ``The gun safety locks
   manufactured by our company have proven to be effective,
   inexpensive and easy to use.''

   The bill would be an amendment to chapter 44 of title 18, U.S.
   Code and is co-sponsored by Sen. Barbara Boxer, Sen. Jon Corzine,
   Sen. John F. Kerry, Sen. Charles E. Schumer, Sen. Lincoln D.
   Chafee, Sen. Richard J. Durbin and Sen. Jack Reed.

   Polls show that between 75 and 80 percent of the American public,
   including gun owners, favor the mandatory sale of child safety
   locks with guns. In addition, according to public reports from
   last year's campaign, President Bush indicated he supports the
   idea of mandatory child safety locks and would sign a bill that
   required the sale of a child safety lock with all new handguns.

   Attorney General Ashcroft confirmed the Bush administration
   supports the mandatory sale of child safety locks during his
   Senate confirmation hearings earlier this year. Each year,
   teenagers and children are involved in more than 10,000 accidental
   shootings in which close to 800 people die. In addition, every
   year 1,300 children usefirearms to commit suicide. ``The need is
   definite and real,'' said Scott.

   Please click here  to read the remainder of this release:
   http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/010309/0231.html

   Disclaimer:
   StockNight.com is owned by Integrity Media Inc. (IMI) and
   associated with Market Pathways Financial Relations Incorporated
   (MP).  The information, opinions and analysis contained herein are
   based on sources believed to be reliable but no representation,
   expressed or implied, is made as to its accuracy, completeness or
   correctness.  This report is for information purposes only and
   should not be used as the basis for any investment decision.  As
   compensation for dissemination and posting of this information,
   Saf-T-Hammer will pay MP $5,000 which will be split with IMI.  An
   owner of Integrity Media Inc. also owns and holds shares of
   Saf-T_Hammer (60,000) for services rendered past and present but
   unrelated to this distibution. Market Pathways also serves as
   Investor Relations for Saf-T-Hammer and is compensated at $4,000
   monthly and 87,000 share per year. MP currently holds 174,000
   shares of Saft-T-Hammer. ALL SHARES OWNED BY MARKET PATHWAYS AND
   INTEGRITY MEDIA INC. ARE RESTRICTED AT THIS TIME. This
   compensation constitutes a conflict of interest as to our ability
   to remain objective in our communication regarding the subject
   company.  Write or call MP for detailed disclosure as required by
   Rule 17b of the Securities Act of 1933/1934.    MP, StockNight.com
   and Integrity Media and its owners, agents and employees are not
   an investment advisor and this report is not investment advice.
   This information is neither a solicitation to buy nor an offer to
   sell securities.  Information contained herein contains
   forward-looking statements and is subject to significant risks and
   uncertainties, which will affect the results.  The opinions
   contained herein reflect our current judgment and are subject to
   change without notice.  MP, Integrity Media and StockNight.com
   and/or its affiliates, associates and employees from time to time
   may have either a long or short position in securities mentioned.
   It is the responsibility of the brokerage firm to verify “Blue
   Sky” status in each trading state.  Information contained herein
   may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the express
   written consent of Market Pathways Financial Relations
   Incorporated.

---
You are currently subscribed to stocknight as: cypherpunks at cyberpass.net