DoJ subpoena guidelines for journalists

Sean Hastings sean at hastings.ai
Fri Mar 9 11:26:42 PST 2001

Declan,

What are the qualifications one has to meet to be considered a "member of
the news media"? Does one have to work for some sort of Registered news
agency, or publish in a registered periodical? I am publishing this right
now, but I probably don't qualify. Why not?

Also:

Are they going to pay for your travel and lodgings? If so, it sounds more
like a great opportunity than a problem. Not that I won't enjoy hearing you
bitch about it. ;-)

--Sean Hastings
--mailto:sean at havenco.com
--vmsg/fax:1.800.why.sean