sssh, pig latin is a trade secret like CSS

Blank Frank BF at farc.org
Tue Mar 6 08:58:31 PST 2001

Can I tell someone about how the Aimster Pig Encoder works?

                           IMPORTANT WARNING: DO NOT TELL ANYONE how the
Aimster Pig Encoder
                           works. Disclosing how the Aimster Pig Encoder
works may be a violation of a federal
                           law called the DMCA and subject to up to a
$500,000 fine and 5 years in prison!
                           Seriously, we are not joking about this,
although we would agree that the situation
                           sounds quite funny (if it wasn't so sad).
There is already a similar case in which someone
                           has been found guilty simply for printing an
encoder secret on a t-shirt! If anyone asks
                           you how the Aimster Pig Encoder works, tell
them to download it and find out for
                           themselves!

                      But won't spies and eavesdroppers just figure out
how the Aimster Pig Encoder works and
                      monitor my file names anyway!?

                           Possibly yes, but it won't be nearly as easy.
And if they do, they may be violating the
                           same federal law called the DMCA and
themselves be subject to up to a $500,000 fine
                           and 5 years in prison! Now that really is
funny (and not quite so sad). Peace out. And
                           please check out Aimster at www.aimster.com,
if you have a chance. Aimster is the first
                           file and messaging service to give you full
encryption over all your messages and files -
                           we think it's one of the best protections for
your privacy on the internet available today.