[references!] Why Not debate "network externality"-path dependence?

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Mar 6 08:11:02 PST 2001

     --
At 0944 PM 3/4/2001 -0500, Seth Finkelstein wrote
 >       It's already been much-debated. It's just hard to find the
 >       debate among the quasi-spam of the cult proselytizing

I sampled one of your lengthy list of citations at random,
(http//www.eh.net/Publications/pathdepend.shtml) and it read as if written
by an English lit critic trained in postmodernism, rather than someone with
actual economic qualifications.  This did not encourage me to read any of
the others.

Nonetheless I doggedly persisted, and read another, taken at random.

 > "At last, a remedy for chronic QWERTY-skepticism! by Paul A. David"
 > http//www.eh.net/Publications/remedy.shtml

And encountered a complete absence of any actual facts or argument, a spew
of words with the form, but not the substance, of an argument, an emission
of meaningless fog reminiscent of Chomsky caught in a lie.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      j1rqvawRra0Q8bVfBLpenoqAnD5gRq2hPJ26gm9u
      4sEkuJlfQ1yTzU+x9O3JC1KoaIHSu+ri3Gn9vBFVF