Opus Dei and the FBI

Greg Broiles gbroiles at netbox.com
Sun Mar 4 19:57:49 PST 2001

At 08:06 AM 3/4/2001 +0000, drevil at sidereal.kz wrote:
>It is known that FBI Director Louis Freeh is a member of Opus Dei, and
>he sends one of his sons to an Opus Dei school.
>
>Interestingly, former agent Robert Hanssen was also an Opus Dei
>member.  This is peculiar because Opus Dei is stridently
>anti-communist, and yet Hanssen was allegedly a spy for the KGB, who
>allegedly did significant harm to American national security,
>including causing the deaths of two American agents in the KGB.

Freeh and Hanssen attended the same church, along with Justice Scalia of
the US Supreme Court - Freeh and Hanssen were apparently acquainted
through church but not close friends, according to the NY Times at
<http://www.nytimes.com/2001/02/25/national/25SPY.html>.

--
Greg Broiles
gbroiles at netbox.com
"Organized crime is the price we pay for organization." -- Raymond Chandler