Why Not debate "network externality"-path dependence?

Matthew Gaylor freematt at coil.com
Sun Mar 4 09:31:27 PST 2001

It occurred to me that this would be a good topic for an organized
online debate.  The results of which could be posted around.

Jim Warren <jwarren at well.com> or "Jonathan Wallace" <jw at bway.net>
would make good and fair moderators-  Jonathan especially so since he
has already participated in a similar debate on my mailing list and
on his online zine The Ethical Spectacle http://www.spectacle.org/ .
In that debate-  Both participants were lawyers so they wrote rather
extensive and good ground rules for the debate.  But any trusted
third party would work.

A debate such as this will remove any "heat of the moment" commentary
and might provide more light than heat?

What do you think?

Regards,  Matthew Gaylor-