Opus Dei and the FBI

Alan Olsen alan at clueserver.org
Sun Mar 4 02:33:01 PST 2001

On 4 Mar 2001 drevil at sidereal.kz wrote:

> It's widely known that there is a significantly disproportionate
> number of Mormons in the FBI, but not much is known about how much
> influence Opus Dei might have at the FBI.  Like Opus Dei, the Mormon
> Church supervises its members lives closely, and is secretive about
> its own activities.

There is a good reason that there are a large number of Mormons in the
service of the government.

Mormons are taught to obey authority from a young age. They are taught to
obey the government that is in power. They also have a very strong moral
code that is inflicted on them, as well as being taught not to drink or
smoke or have any of those other vices that might make them a risk to
those in power.  They only thing that might keep them out of higher office
is that they are taught to be honest.  (We won't go into the intelectual
dishonesty involved in the faith to begin with, but that is a rant for
another time.)

They also have been taught that the men of the church will save the
constitution in the last days.  (Which has a certain amount of irony,
since most high profile Mormons in public office spend a large amount of
time destroying the freedoms mentioned therein.)

alan at ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."