You have no idea

Aimee Farr aimee.farr at pobox.com
Sat Mar 3 22:16:01 PST 2001

A Nomen Nescio lectured:

> aimee.farr at pobox.com (Aimee Elizabeth Farr) recited:

Ah. The "look it up" rule. _May's Law_.

My recital:

-[[We used to hear the expression "Look it up."

-[[When a child asks what a word means, "look it up."

-[[When someone asks where Borneo is located, "look it up."

-[[When a list member asks what a KG-84 is, "look it up."

-[[--Tim May

May's Law stands for the proposition that one should not aggravate Mr. May.

> >Of course, you have all watched this battle for many years, so you
> >have a longevity of insight that I don't have. Probably just the
> >same-ole-same-ole to you...
>
> Believe me, you have NO idea.

Obviously.

> Then, aimee.farr at pobox.com (Aimee Elizabeth Farr) recited:
>
> >I can't figure out if you're irked by amateurish elicitation
> >tactics, or if you're trying to give me lessons in how to do better.
>
> I think you can probably figure it out.

I am receiving tutoring offlist. In the 4000 series.

> Ah, I remember the days when I was wet behind the ears on this list.

You are smarter than I am. I'm bleeding all over.

> The collision between the law and cypherpunks certainly creates an
> interesting reaction.

Yes. The PLUNK.

 	-Miss Farr