Independent Institute Response To Phillip Hallam-Baker ("network externality")

Matthew Gaylor freematt at coil.com
Fri Mar 2 08:13:15 PST 2001

At 12:39 AM -0500 3/2/01, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>I have several degrees including a Doctorate in Nuclear physics.
>If Theroux cannot justify the claims he makes except by reference to subject
>authority then he is full of it.

How does a bright guy like you get involved in so much name calling?
Might it not be possible for you to just stick to the ideas and leave
the immature behavior at home?   Remember when you libeled physicist
Laurence Godfrey, in a newsgroup, soc.culture.thai, first on January
12, 1997, there again later, and subsequently on uk.legal.

Here's an article:

Excerpt NYT article
http://www.nytimes.com/library/tech/yr/mo/biztech/articles/01britain.h
tml

"Mr. Godfrey's solicitor, Nick Braithwaite, did not return several
telephone calls today, and it was unclear exactly what the substance
of the remarks made against Mr. Godfrey was. He is no stranger to
libel actions. In 1994, a fellow physicist, Philip Hallam-Baker,
agreed to pay Mr. Godfrey an unspecified amount in damages after Mr.
Godfrey sued him for libel in connection with a number of postings
Mr. Hallam-Baker made on the Internet raising doubts about his
professional competence."

Regards,  Matt-