Microsoft Trial Judge Based His Break-Up "Remedy" On Flawed Theory, Not Facts

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Mar 1 07:11:08 PST 2001

     --

At 12:02 PM 2/28/2001 -0500, David Stultz wrote:
 > Somehow I feel that my position (although now I see that I was wrong), was
 > a Nazi-related view.

It was not my intention to imply that, and I do not think your post was
Nazi related.

However, as someone who routinely gets in flame fests with real Nazis, both
the plug ugly kind who claim the lesser races are secretly making war with
us, and the kind that piously tell us "I am not a nazi and my best friends
are jews but ...", I am no fan of Godwin's law.

You do not have to be a nazi to invoke it, but it frequently seems that way.

Similarly the commies routinely invoke McCarthy.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      yBjC2vqQBWoHDEGz7+tnuaoHTgAKDjOwhiJRNMZV
      4FAfnx+Vg+XLoAcBmfWMpTlpePSiAKMIlBcQD8zz2