apt bugs considered cheap

Eugene Leitl Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Jun 28 03:27:27 PDT 2001

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, John Doe #N wrote:

> Given that computer-ready cameras are essentially free (e.g., at Fry's,
> with rebates) it makes a lot of sense to run a frame-differencer
> and log the events offsite.

Of course I'm going to do that (logging added up interframe deltas,
sending me an SMS when gone overthreshold, etc.).

But I'm interested in low-tech solutions for fall-back, too. What is
practical, i.e. can be setup within few 10 sec, before you leave your
flat?

(I'm just trying to not reinvent the wheel).

-- Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204/">leitl</a>