DCMA: You must use Ford Gas in Ford Cars or Else We Repo The Car

George at Orwellian.Org George at Orwellian.Org
Thu Jun 28 01:38:00 PDT 2001

From: Steve Schear <schear at lvcm.com>
#
#    No need, you can buy these kits for about $100 (by the time you've
#    used up the initial ink supply included with the kit you've save
#    about $300 by their reckoning) from MIS http://www.inksupply.com.

Heh.

http://www.inksupply.com/index.cfm?source=html/arcnew.html
#
#    We have brand new cartridges that are pre filled with the archival
#    ink. These are available for the all Epson printers except the
#    777, 870, 875, 1270, and 2000P.
#
#    Epson has put a chip on the cartridges for
#    these printers that prevents refilling.

Elsewhere they have a link for defeating the chip.