Police arrest newspaper editor for criticizing Florida cops

Steve Thompson stevet at sendon.net
Wed Jun 27 12:14:46 PDT 2001

Quoting Tim May (tcmay at got.net):
[snip]
> We let murderers, arsonists, and kidnappers go free so that the
> prisons can be filled with people who write fanciful essays about the
> "Circle of Eunuchs" and those who criticize local doughnut eaters.

'Twas always thus.

[snip]
> Time for another Revolution and for about a hundred thousand
> dishonest cops and judges to face trial for and be put before firing
> squads.

That seems a little extreme, though you are well known for your cure-all:
``eat the useless eaters''.  Are you sure such persons shouldn't instead be
put in a re-education camp so they might learn something of the virtue of
integrity?  Contemplating four tall and largely featureless concrete walls
over a span of years would teach many things.

Regards,

Steve

--
``In this connexion perhaps I may be allowed to utter a mild protest against
one of the more recent of modern fashions.  In days which are not so very

      -- H. J. Paton, ``Fashion and Philosophy''