DUI Speaking Book

mmotyka at lsil.com mmotyka at lsil.com
Wed Jun 27 10:47:54 PDT 2001

Is the content of the book available somewhere? Copyright
notwithstanding?

It's mostly academic since I don't drive schnockered but don't the
consequences of refusal to take a field test vary from state to state? I
always had the (possibly mistaken) impression in NY that refusal =
guilty or at least hauled off to hospital for a blood test. I've no idea
what things are like in CA. I like the part about staying in the car and
not opening the window so he can't stick his sniffer flashlight in your
face. Does that vary from state to state also?

I guess the bottom line is that I resent the unconstitutional (fascist
supreme court decisions aside) roadblocks and loosening of the 4th for
automobile searches and preferred the old days when erratic driving was
the prerequisite for a stop. Not that that couldn't be created out of
whole cloth too but at least the wholesale stopping was not the norm.

Mike