ANGELIC IMPLANT (not!)

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Mon Jun 25 08:21:05 PDT 2001

that they are *not* currently developing implants.

They *are* developing watches and pagers which use a combination
of GPS and cellphone tech to track wearers, aimed particularly at
the elder care and child markets - sort of a commercial version of the
home incarceration monitoring ankle bracelets.

Anyone who has worked with GPS knows that the fastest way to
lose signal is to go in a house, or wrap your hand around the
antenna. A GPS enabled implant sounds very unlikely.

DA has been hyping this stuff for years (yes, including implants).
I'll consider it vaporware until I see some independent evaluations.

Peter Trei

Disclaimer: The above represents my personal opinion only.