crypto flaw in secure mail standards

Riad S. Wahby rsw at MIT.EDU
Sat Jun 23 21:51:02 PDT 2001

Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:
> The problem is not at all with the crypto.  The problem is with the
> integration of the crypto with applications like e-mail.

In this spirit, I have produced a patch for Mutt that adds an option
to include the To:, From:, CC:, and Subject: headers at the end of PGP
signed messages.

This patch happens to interact somewhat with a previous patch I
produced that allows Mutt to optionally send PGP messages as
content-type text/plain for broken mail clients like nmh and Eudora,
so I have integrated both into a single patch.

It applies against mutt-1.2.5i; I haven't tested it against others,
but I suspect it should work fine.

http://positron.mit.edu/pub/plaintextappend.patch
ftp://positron.mit.edu/pub/plaintextappend.patch

--
Riad Wahby
rsw at mit.edu
MIT VI-2/A 2002