The Art of Submarine Warfare

George at Orwellian.Org George at Orwellian.Org
Fri Jun 22 15:08:49 PDT 2001

#    From: Greg Broiles <gbroiles at well.com>
#    To: Harmon Seaver <hseaver at ameritech.net>
#    Cc: George at Orwellian.Org, cypherpunks at lne.com
#    Date: Fri, 22 Jun 01 16:49PM EDT
#    Subject: Re: The Art of Submarine Warfare
#
#    At 01:22 PM 6/22/2001 -0500, Harmon Seaver wrote:
#
#    >      Listen to it again -- doesn't she say "I'm recording this"??
#
#    Yes, she does - but the recorder would either have been on her person (in
#    which case it would have been taken from her before she was sitting in the
#    back of the police car), or in her car.

And the repy at Date: Fri, 22 Jun 01 14:20PM EDT
And the repy at Date: Fri, 22 Jun 01 13:59PM EDT

What does 'lne' stand for, "Late, or NEver"?

I only received the above due to the direct Cc.

----

Anyway, I agree now it was a police recording.

So, they can pull you over for no reason?
She asked repeatedly if she'd done anything
wrong, the Copper said it was a checkpoint
thang.

----

Just got a Sony D-EJ721: a diskman that can play
multi-session CD-RWs. Nice.

----

I can check out Radio Shack, etc, but does anyone have
recommendations for (hidden) wireless transmitter mics?

Also, what can take out a surveillance camera from a
distance? An Edmund Scientific laser? How about the
ones in a dark glass bowl?

    http://www.notbored.org