Two Countries, One City (A civil libertarian/anarcho-capitalist challenge?)

mmotyka at lsil.com mmotyka at lsil.com
Fri Jun 22 15:34:48 PDT 2001

> http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101010611/fcities.html
>
> James Choate

Oddly enough, this topic came up at home this morning over coffee and
pastries on the front porch with someone from a similarly troubled
country. Even more oddly, we were in agreement.

Want to begin improving the lives of poor people around the world? For
starters it seems to me that everywhere the Spanish colonized is royally
fucked-up. Family planning will do more to ease the suffering and
improve the lot of the poor than a whole grand canyon full of pious,
chanting padres.

As for the "civil libertarian/anarcho-capitalist challenge" the poor in
these areas ( Mexico, SA, Philippines ) barely have resources to feed
their children and don't have the energy or the will to think about
political philosophy and realization through technology. That is the
domain of their masters, the well-off.

Mike