Information for NBCi Members about www.nbci.com

NBCi unsubs-inform_email1-cypherpunks.-toad.com at u.xoom.com
Thu Jun 21 15:52:10 PDT 2001

This is an informational mailing regarding NBC Internet, Inc.  You
have received this e-mail because our records indicate that you are
a registered user of www.nbci.com.

NBCi is in the process of making certain changes to our portal
offering that may affect the way you use the site.  We are making
these modifications in light of recent changes in the Internet
advertising and financial markets.  The following questions and
answers will provide you with information about the upcoming changes.

A. What will happen now?

1. Initially, most of NBCi's current features and services will
   remain operational with certain exceptions, including the
   following:
     - New files will not be able to be uploaded to
       http://sharehouse.nbci.com;
     - New pictures will not be able to be uploaded to some NBCi
       clubs;
     - The Pogo game section of NBCi has recently been transitioned
       to http://www.pogo.com/. We anticipate that NBCi members may
       login to the http://www.pogo.com/ url using an existing
       account, retaining current ranking and earned points.
     - On July 6th, Fusion One will discontinue their sync service
       with the NBCi calendar application.  (You will still be
       able to use Fusion One to synchronize with non-NBCi
       applications.)

2. The www.nbc.com url will continue to take you directly to
   programming information about the NBC Television Network.

Note:  In the coming months, you may see additional changes to the
www.nbci.com site.  It is our intention to provide you with advance
notice of any significant changes to our portal offering.  Notice
will be sent to the alternate e-mail address currently listed in
your NBCi membership information.

B. What does this mean to you?

1. Make sure you have a backup of all data stored on www.nbci.com
  (such as your web site and shared files), as well as on Xoom.com
   and SNAP.com.  Such a backup should be stored on your hard drive,
   on floppy disks or other web site hosting providers, but not on
   NBCi.

2. Begin evaluating alternative web site hosting providers.  We
   recommend that you plan to have your site and shared files hosted
   by a different provider as soon as possible and before July 15th.
   NBCi has made arrangements with Homestead.com for web page hosting
   and XDrive.com for file storage to help make the transition a
   smooth one.
     - For more information about Homestead.com for your web page
       hosting needs, visit:
       http://homesteadannouncements.homestead.com/NBCI.html
     - For more information about Xdrive.com for your file storage
       needs, visit:
       http://plus.xdrive.com/target.html?path=signup.html,aff=nbci061301

3. Copy the contents of your address books (used in Calendar and
   e-mail applications) onto your hard drive so that you have access
   to that information when you are not on NBCi.  (Again, we expect
   that your e-mail address will continue to work, but you should
   make a copy of data such as e-mail addresses and the contents of
   important e-mails for your records.)

4. Copy the contents of your portfolios, such as the stock names and
   symbols, purchase dates, amounts, etc., so that you have access to
   that information when you are not on NBCi.

Instructions for copying and printing the contents of your address
book and portfolio are published at:
http://www.nbci.com/LMOID/resource/0,566,-5687,00.html.

C. How can you stay informed?

     - The contents of this e-mail as well as answers to frequently
       asked questions will be located at:
       http://www.nbci.com/LMOID/resource/0,566,-5605,00.html
     - If you have specific questions about your e-mail account,
       contact mail.com (a separate company) directly using this
       form:
       http://www2.email.com/snap/supportform.jhtml.

Note:  If you use NBCi through one of our ISP distributors, such as
PacBell, Verizon or Prodigy, please contact your ISP directly for
additional information.

General Disclaimer

Please note that pursuant to our terms of service (which can be
accessed from www.nbci.com), NBCi has the right to unilaterally stop
all service and functionality to our web sites; however, we
understand the importance of your information and desire to provide
you with sufficient notice to allow you to act accordingly.  Nothing
contained in this mailing is intended to or shall supercede our
terms of service.  You can view our full terms of service if you
have any questions at:
http://www.nbci.com/LMOID/resource/0,566,home-764,00.html?fd.ft.ts.h.s-764.

For risks about NBCi's business, see its Form 10-K for the year
ended December 31, 2000, as well as its other SEC filings.

This email was sent to: cypherpunks at toad.com