Solaris Opera

Jim Windle jim_windle at eudoramail.com
Thu Jun 21 13:56:23 PDT 2001

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001 16:30:39   Trei, Peter wrote:
:
>- twice
>I've
>accidentally flipped to TV onto subtitled Russian movies partway through,
>gotten
>fascinated by the film, only to later find that it was by Tartovsky (Andrei
>Rublyov,
>Ivan's Childhood). I also strongly reccomend Solaris and especially Stalker.

I picked up Solaris a number of years ago at Tower Records where it was on sale for something like $5.  Definitely worthwhile.    I have never seen "Stalker" though I suppose now I will have to make the effort to do so.

>Tartovsky's not for everyone though. Things happen slowly. Tartovsky's films
>make '2001' seem like 'Raders of the lost ark'.

Yea, it took me a while to get into it, but once I did the movie is almost mesmerizing.

Jim Windle