Steele's brain on intelligence

Aimee Farr aimee.farr at pobox.com
Thu Jun 21 05:54:33 PDT 2001

Greg Newby wrote:

> In case it's not already obvious, Steele has a clue.
> I heard him speak at H2K last year.  He's either the world's
> greatest liar, or has a tremendous background and authority
> on how the goverment handles secret and subversive activities.

Steele isn't afraid to go out on a limb to fire up a conversation. Whatever
your opinion of his ideas, he's called attention to blindspots and
destructive mythical mindsets.

The big credit infobrokers started out with humble beginnings and shoebox
files. Look at them now. Private intelligence, in all its forms, seems like
the credit information industry in the early days. My "Intellagora" (I made
up a word) and Steele's... literary references... isn't an infobroker, it
would munch AND crunch, and be very human. Is a 3-5-7-year end state
scenario with a transcontinental private thing-of-some-sort -- resulting in
establishment-displacement in ways we might not contemplate -- so
far-fetched?

Steele strikes me as a serious sentinel (i.e., "move, or move aside").

~Aimee