FBI frame-job

George at Orwellian.Org George at Orwellian.Org
Wed Jun 20 22:41:00 PDT 2001

http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/cyanide010606.html
#
#    Newly Revealed Documents Prove Woman Innocent of Cyanide Killings,
#    PI Says
#
#    Stella Nickell has never stopped denying she killed her husband
#    Bruce with cyanide in 1986. But now her defense team says they
#    can prove her innocence.
#
#    Nickell, 57, is serving two 90-year prison terms after being
#    found guilty of putting cyanide in a pain-reliever capsule taken
#    by her husband and trying to hide the crime by tampering with
#    other bottles of the over-the-counter drug, which resulted in
#    a second death.
#
#    Her case came at a time when the country was reeling from a series
#    of drug-tampering incidents.
#
#    Now, two private investigators who have been digging into the
#    Seattle case for 14 months say they can prove her innocence with
#    documents the FBI never turned over to the defense at the time
#    of the trial.
#
#    If the claim sounds strangely familiar, think again, says Al
#    Farr, one of the two sleuths who have been working on the case.
#    "I know when news first got out there that we were doing this,
#    some people assumed we were just floating on Tim McVeigh's
#    coattails," Farr said. "That couldn't be further from the truth."
#
#    The FBI has admitted it failed to turn over more than 4,000
#    documents in the case of McVeigh, who faces the death penalty
#    for the deadly Oklahoma City bombing.
[snip]
#    Then, in October, he was contacted by former FBI lab worker
#    Frederic Whitehurst, who told him he had 1,000 pages of
#    FBI documents related to the case that were never seen during
#    the trial.
[snip]