FBI frame-job

Eric Cordian emc at artifact.psychedelic.net
Thu Jun 21 00:09:44 PDT 2001

Someone wrote:

> #    Stella Nickell has never stopped denying she killed her husband
> #    Bruce with cyanide in 1986. But now her defense team says they
> #    can prove her innocence.

> #    Nickell, 57, is serving two 90-year prison terms after being
> #    found guilty of putting cyanide in a pain-reliever capsule taken
> #    by her husband and trying to hide the crime by tampering with
> #    other bottles of the over-the-counter drug, which resulted in
> #    a second death.

I followed this case pretty closely when it broke, and the weight of
circumstantial evidence struck me almost entirely as wishful thinking by
law enforcement, combined with public hysteria over product tampering at
the time.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if she just had the misfortune to buy one
of several bottles tainted by someone else, and after being traumatized by
having her husband die in front of her, got fucked over by the system to
boot.

That the feds may have withheld evidence that proved her innocence isn't
particularly startling either.

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+