Slashdot | Phoenix BIOS Phones Home?

Kelley Walker kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Jun 20 09:44:07 PDT 2001

At 09:53 AM 6/20/01 -0400, Trei, Peter wrote:
>Jim:
>
>You really don't have a good memory, do you? We dealt with this
>topic just 3 weeks ago.

but, but, but... it wasn't on /. yet so it wasn't real.

>Check for the thread 'BIOS Spying' around June 1.

well, the thing i was interested in was the _potential_ for using it for
nefarious ends. phoenixnet might not be, but who's to say... as you
suggested in your closing comments about paranoia which i snipped.

anyway, thanks for your comments to my query three weeks ago. i got busy
and failed to acknowledge responses.

kelley

--
Kelley Walker
Interpact, Inc. Security Awareness Training

Interpact sponsors InfowarCon: Sept 5-6, Washington, D.C.
http://www.interpactinc.com/infowarcon.html