NYTimes.com Looks at the AIDS Pandemic

NYTimes.com announce at ms2.lga2.nytimes.com
Mon Jun 18 09:35:14 PDT 2001

Dear Member,

Two decades have passed since the onslaught of the AIDS
epidemic. The quest for the cure continues, but more
remains to be done on the prevention front. The New York
Times's "AIDS at 20" is an ongoing series that examines this
disease in all its aspects, looking closely at patient
rights, the vaccine search and public policy, as well the
origin of the disease.

I encourage you to take a look at "Voice of the Epidemic" -- six
pieces that examine the lives of AIDS patients of all ages,
ethnicities and sexual orientations. It reiterates the fact that
this disease does not discriminate and all people are
susceptible.

This series includes charts, video, in-depth reports from the
Kaiser Family Foundation and nearly a thousand articles from
the past 20 years. Discuss the ongoing pandemic and its impact
on the world in our AIDS at 20 forum.

http://www.nytimes.com/library/national/science/aids/aids-index.html?stcell=37073&rd=http://172.16.172.122/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/mcp?p=039310393I4BjhI012000mIiq0IhF

------
More New Features
------
1. What Is Software's Future?
2. Get Complete Coverage of the U.S. Open
3. Summer Living Made Easy
4. Listen to Our Audio Interview With Haruki Murakami
5. Enjoy the WQXR Classical Music Station on NYTimes.com
6. What's New With U.?

/------------------------advertisement-----------------------\

SPEND YOUR NEXT TEN MINUTES PLANNING YOUR NEXT TEN YEARS.

Join the Spencer Stuart Talent Network's exclusive community
of executives and professionals. Browse our growing collection
of resources, so you can thrive in your current position while
we help you plan for your next one.  Register today at:

http://www.nytimes.com/ads/email/spencer/spencerb.html?stcell=37073&rd=http://172.16.172.122/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/mcp?p=0392O0393I4BjhI012000mIiq0IhF
\-----------------------------------------------------------------/

------
1. What Is Software's Future?
------

The Internet has allowed millions of computers to be
connected to one another over the last 20 years. More
recently, the spread of high-speed Internet service has
deepened those connections and allowed software to take
the first baby step toward a vision that some software
designers call moving off the desktop and into the cloud.
Plus: articles on marketing, finance and shopping.

http://www.nytimes.com/library/tech/deal/index.html?stcell=37073&rd=http://172.16.172.122/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/mcp?p=0392i0393I4BjhI012000mIiq0IhF

------
2. Get Complete Coverage of the U.S. Open
------

Find a complete recap of the year's second major golf
tournament, the 2001 United States Open, in the sports
section. Coverage includes a slide show, scene-setting
postcards from our reporters in Tulsa, and coverage and
commentary from all four days.

http://www.nytimes.com/sports/?stcell=37073&rd=http://172.16.172.122/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/mcp?p=0392t0393I4BjhI012000mIiq0IhF

------
3. Summer Living Made Easy
------

Summer officially begins in just a few days, but the
season is in full swing on NYTimes.com. Our Summer Living
special feature previews of summer movies, summer reading
recommendations and extensive vacation and travel
information, as well as tips on fashions to beat the heat,
summer grilling recipes, cooling cocktails and more.

http://www.nytimes.com/summer?stcell=37073&rd=http://172.16.172.122/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/mcp?p=0392e0393I4BjhI012000mIiq0IhF

------
4. Listen to Our Audio Interview With Haruki Murakami
-----

Haruki Murakami, one of the most popular Japanese
novelists who is now moving beyond his cult following in
America, talks about the Kobe earthquake and the sarin gas
attack on the Tokyo subway in 1995, a year which he calls
a "a turning point" in Japanese history. The gas attack by
the Aum Shinrikyo cult is the subject of a nonfiction book
by Murakami, "Underground," which, along with his new
novel, "Sputnik Sweetheart," was reviewed on June 10.

http://www.nytimes.com/books/01/06/10/specials/murakami-audio.html?stcell=37073&rd=http://172.16.172.122/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/mcp?p=039250393I4BjhI012000mIiq0IhF

------
5. Enjoy the WQXR Classical Music Station on NYTimes.com
-----

Visit NYTimes.com/arts for WQXR, a classical music station.
You can search the music playlists and meet the
announcers.  Plus you can listen to daily audio features
and reviews by New York Times theater, book and restaurant
critics.  Explore WQXR's Classical Music Scene for a wealth of
information and links.

http://www.nytimes.com/arts/?stcell=37073&rd=http://172.16.172.122/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/mcp?p=0393N0393I4BjhI012000mIiq0IhF

------
6. What's New With U.?
-----

What's happening on college campuses around the country
and around the world? Read the latest Times college and
university news on The New York Times College Times's
College News and Views section. While you're there, take
advantage of the News by Subject search, where you can
locate Times articles by major or field of interest.

http://www.nytimes.com/college/students/views/index.html?stcell=37073&rd=http://172.16.172.122/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/mcp?p=0393E0393I4BjhI012000mIiq0IhF

Thanks for your time.

We hope you'll make a point of visiting us today and
every day.

Yours truly,
Bernard Gwertzman, Editor
The New York Times on the Web

P.S. If you have a friend or colleague who might be
interested, feel free to forward this e-mail.

ABOUT THIS E-MAIL