Ex-GOP senator's wife pleads to email attack campaign

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Mon Jun 18 10:20:28 PDT 2001

Interesting. BTW the state appears to be claiming that they took care of
the _McIntyre_ problems by rewriting the statute post-decision to only
apply to pseudonymous/anonymous messages written by someone affiliated with
a campaign.

So in other words, you could write stuff under a nym, but someone on the
campaign staff could not.

(Note I'm not saying this makes the statute constitutional, but that it's
not as broad as it could be.)

-Declan