No subject

mrs mariam abacha r.mobutu at southafrica.com
Sun Jun 17 14:49:25 PDT 2001

FROM THE DESK OF MRS MARIAM ABACHA,

                                     17th June,2001.
Attn: Managing Director,

Dear Sir,
I salute you in the name of the most high God. I am Mrs. Mariam Abacha,
the
widow of the late Gen. Sani Abacha former Nigerian Military Head of State
who
died mysteriously as a result of Cardiac Arrest. Since my husband’s death,
my
family has been under restriction of movement and that notwithstanding,
we are
being molested and constantly been harassed by the  so called security
officials, above all, our Bank accounts here and abroad have been frozen
by the
Nigeria Civilian Govt. Furthermore, my eldest son in detention by the
Nigerian
Government for more interrogation about my husband’s assets and some
vital
documents.
Following the recent discovery of my husband’s bank account by the
Nigerian
Government with my son’s bank in which a huge sum of US $700 million
Dutch Mark,
& another $450 million was also lodge and 1.6Billion Pounds Sterling
belonging to my late husband, all the said fund was seized by the
Government of
Nigeria. I therefore wish to personally appeal to you seriously and
religiously
for your urgent assistance to transfer the sum of $58million US Dollars into
your account in your country where I believe it will be safe, since we
cannot
leave the country due to the restriction of movement imposed on the
members of
my family by the Nigerian Government or can you receive for the abacha
family
the funds already in Europe & America about $89million USD , already
deposited with a security firm you can advise us on areas where and what
invest on abroad, already we are presently nursing real estates or any
other
blu-chip investement you can reach my lawyer(DR ISA MUSA.) on his
direct Tel
lines as a copy of this letter is equally sent to him in confidence .Any
advise
should be directed to my lawyer for security reasons thank you,
You can contact me through my lawyers Tel Number : +871-762336687
or Fax
+871-762336689. Upon receipt of your good response. My lawyer shall
arrange a
meeting to facilitate the smooth transfer of the fund , that is to liase with
him towards effective compromise of this transaction. However,
arrangement have
been put in place to remove more of the family fund amounting to$114
million US$
from a security firm were it is deposited , Before moving the remaining fund
out
of the country with the assistance of my husband’s friend’s that’s some(
some
top government functionaries) still in government through a diplomatic
means,
and deposited in a security company, as soon as you indicate your
interest.
My lawyer shall send to you the Security Deposit Certificate and Airway Bill
of
the luggage and other related documents so that you can arrange how
and where
the luggage tagged “Family Treasures”. From an African king will be
deposited.
Conclusively, we have agreed to offer you 30% of the total sum while 70%
in
collaboration with my lawyer to be held on trust by you until we can decide
on
what to do next ,
subsequent to our free movement by the Nigerian Government. Please
reply
urgently and treat with absolute confidentiality and sincerity.
Yours sincerely,
Mrs. Mariam Abacha.(alhaja)