eBay: Burn DVD movies onto CD?

Steve Schear schear at lvcm.com
Sat Jun 16 16:55:35 PDT 2001

At 03:47 PM 6/16/2001 -0500, Joseph Ashwood wrote:
>Sounds to me like it's just a plain binary copy. The software takes the data
>off the DVD, and puts it on the media, when it runs out of space it asks for
>more media.

If so it not very useful.  Lots of such free utilities out there for that.

As keyser-soze notes, in a reply with an incorrect subject line, if you
want to put DVD originated video content to CDs for subsequent flexible
viewing (PC or DVD player) you need to convert it to another format
(VCD/SVCD). You can also make .avi or mpeg4 files for PC viewing from them
(it seems the vcdhelp site referenced by keyser also has material for that.)

steve