No panties?

Steve Thompson stevet at sendon.net
Fri Jun 15 10:28:37 PDT 2001

For many reasons, we have been perusing the archives in order to resolve a
number of burning questions.  One such question revolves around the the
erstwhile entity, Blanc Weber.  Despite much heated discussion on the subject,
a first-order analysis of the archives clearly shows that we may not be
certain on the question of whether or not Blanc wore panties.

Applying the principles of forensic psychiatry to her messages gives hints of
deeply-rooted insecurities which may ultimately be indicative of her
motivation for continually evading all prior queries on this matter.  Since
such things should, purely for the health of the individual, be treated so
that more serious mental illnesses do not arise and fester, we have singled
out this one matter for a current infestigation.

Additionally, the global nature of the Cypherpunk distributed mail lisp is of
such significance that we also feel that this issue should be investigated and
resolved for the betterment of the many people, provocateurs, cats, dogs, and
tentacles who may have spent many sleepless nights worrying over this
question.  We also unhesitatingly observe that this investigation and the
knowledge gained might have the ancillary benefit of advancing Science, and
thus in some small way, enhance the quality of life for the whole of mankind.

This message is, therefore, a call to those with information on this important
matter to come forward.  At this stage, we are interested in first-person
anecdotal accounts concerning Blanc and her panties (or lack thereof) which
would either add to the store of knowledge presently within the Archives, or
which would lend credibility to some of the more outlandish claims concerning
underwear which we, as scientists, must presently exclude from our data
gathering efforts due to lack of corroboration.

Please feel free to send your messages either to the lisp or via private
electronic mail.  We thank you for your assistance and co-operation in this
matter.

Sincerely,

Steve Thompson, PHd

--
"We have a lot of work to do with our allies, but the common values here and
the common agenda far outweigh policy differences that we have."

        -- Condoleezza Rice, National Security
           Advisor for President G. W. Bush.
           As quoted in the National Post, 2001/06/12.