TIME.com: Nation -- Supreme Court: Relax. The Heat is Off

cubic-dog dog3 at charc.net
Thu Jun 14 13:48:42 PDT 2001

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> This note below by "cubic-dog" is nonsense.
>
> The Suprmee Court explicitly ruled this week that "this type of
> surveillance" is *not* permitted without a warrant because it is invasive.
>
> -Declan

Wow Declan,

Shame on me for not checking my facts. I'm rather amazed.
This is pretty contrary to the standard behavior of these folk,
but the vote was close and the dissent strongly worded.

Thanks for keeping me honest.

That said, in reality, I don't expect this to make much
difference.

The cops have this technology, they will use this technology.