Xerox Sux

Greg Broiles gbroiles at well.com
Thu Jun 14 14:41:40 PDT 2001

At 03:38 PM 6/14/2001 -0700, Alan Olsen wrote:

>It does not surprise me in the least.
>
>Xerox is an incredibly political and bizantine company. (When I worked
>there as a contractor I saw a number of cool projects get pulled apart due
>to political manuevers and turf battles.)
>
>I sometimes wonder how they have lasted this long...

They've also spent a lot of money, through PARC and now (along with
Microsoft and Adobe, those staunch defenders of freedom) "ContentGuard", on
"digital rights management", which is just a nice name for the part of a
copy protection system which decides whether or not the user gets to do
what they're trying to do.

So it's not surprising that it's not a friendly place to work if you're a
plaintiff in a lawsuit seeking to eviscerate the legal protection that the
copy protection industry has gained for their technically infeasible
product line. Doesn't he realize that it's very important that nobody
criticize the RIAA/MPAA's new clothes?

--
Greg Broiles
gbroiles at well.com
"Organized crime is the price we pay for organization." -- Raymond Chandler