TIME.com: Nation -- Supreme Court: Relax. The Heat is Off

cubic-dog dog3 at charc.net
Thu Jun 14 07:05:12 PDT 2001

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, John Young wrote:

> Let me try again after reading Time's Q&A and the responding
> attorney claiming that anything inside a home is protected but
> nothing outside it is.

Well, this is pretty much pure bullshit.

The LE folks are hip to using ir imaging to figure
out who is running a whole lotta lights inside at
night to determine who is doing home cultivation.

They use this technique as probable cause to request
a (rubber stamped) search warrant. Not the other way
around.

This type of surveillence is allowed without warrent
because it is non-invasive.