ORBS sucked into a black hole!

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Tue Jun 12 16:34:58 PDT 2001

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Jim Choate wrote:

>Movie critics don't go around blocking me and my friends from seeing other
>movies besides the ones they want.

Nor did ORBS block you and your friends from sending or recieving
email.  However you got on his list, he had no authority over
anyone.  He just published it.  It was *other people* -- the ones
running mail relays -- who chose to pick it up and use it as an
information resource.

If you are arguing against someone's right to configure their mail
system to block a list of suspect domains, or their right to form
a list of suspect domains in any damn way they choose including going
out and reading the ORBS database, you are just wrong.

			Bear