pap Smear

Nat Love palerider at redneck.gacracker.org
Tue Jun 12 07:33:18 PDT 2001

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Sampo Syreeni wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jun 2001 georgemw at speakeasy.net wrote:
>
> >Check out the house and, sure enough, the window has been broken into, and
> >right by the broken window is a pile of child porn.  Wouldn't ANY sensible
> >person conclude that more likely than not it was planted there?
>
> Except if the virus code is well known, and deemed trustworthy.

And whats to stop an untrustworthy virus from making the same claims,
placing the 'trustworthy' virus on the system and deleting itself?
How are you going to define a 'trustworthy' virus with this scenario in mind?
There is no such thing as 'trustworthy' automated software.  At best, you
have software that does what its supposed to when used responsibly.  I
have yet to see responsible usage of a virus.. and doubt I ever will.

#include <responsible.h>
#include <honesty.h>
#include <morals.h>

Nat