ORBS sucked into a black hole!

Greg Broiles gbroiles at well.com
Tue Jun 12 08:27:06 PDT 2001

At 07:07 AM 6/12/2001 -0500, Jim Choate wrote:
>On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Sampo Syreeni wrote:
>
> > Yes, if you participate in an open forum like the Internet, you can expect
> > people to form an opinion about you. Or about your contribution to the
> > infrastructure, as the case may be. Do you expect movie critics to stop
> > going to new movies unless invited?
>
>Movie critics don't go around blocking me and my friends from seeing other
>movies besides the ones they want.

Movie theaters prevent me from watching movies I want to see by
censoriously not showing them, frequently as a result of critics' or
reviewers' comments about those movies and their quality or subject or
genre. Those bastards!

And the video store near my house doesn't have all of the DVDs I want to
buy, either. Don't they know about the First Amendment? And some of the
ones that I want are too expensive. Help! I'm being censored! Will you buy
them for me, Jim?

I am beginning to suspect that perhaps the newspaper is deliberately not
printing all of the news . . .

--
Greg Broiles
gbroiles at well.com
"Organized crime is the price we pay for organization." -- Raymond Chandler