(on Young's "private language")

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Mon Jun 11 23:29:41 PDT 2001

At 09:29 PM 06/11/2001 -0500, Aimee Farr wrote:
>As so many have pointed out, privately.
>I was referring to a time before the media was uhm...expatriciated.
>
>Anybody care to cast a lot for their picks of Net/new media written in the
>spirit of gentil intellection?

John's writing may lead to some speculation about whether he
did a little too much James Joyce in the 60s,
but it's worth reading a much higher fraction of the time than
most Internet writers, and when he's making stuff up
it's almost always creative and interesting.

On the other hand, it's less clear whether *you're*
asking about people who write in a gently intellectual spirit
or whether you're talking about goyish intellectuals here...