Social Security Numbers and health insurance

keyser-soze at hushmail.com keyser-soze at hushmail.com
Mon Jun 11 10:06:50 PDT 2001

At 03:47 AM 6/11/2001 +0000, Dr. Evil" <drevil at sidereal.kz> wrote:
I need to sign up for health insurance tomorrow.  I'm going to buy
individual coverage from Kaiser.  On their form, it asks for an SSN,
of course.

Well, Kaiser is not a government agency, and is certainly not
associated with the Social Security Adminisrtation in any way, so they
have no legitimate need for my SSN, and I don't want to give it to
them.  I'm wondering how best to go about doing this:

1. I could make up an SSN and give it to them.  I basically just have
   to make sure it's one that hasn't been taken, and corresponds to my
   real birth county, right?

Try this instead....

1. Get copies of the forms they wish you to sign.

2. Re-image and delete any wording which "certifies under perjury" that
the information is correct.  Add or change the revision numbering sequence
info, so later you can counter claims it was a fraudulent submission ("Hey,
 check the revision number, its not your form you accepted but mine.)
Free, encrypted, secure Web-based email at www.hushmail.com