Automatic's

petro petro at bounty.org
Sun Jun 10 18:04:46 PDT 2001

>petro wrote:
>
>>          The only good use for a pistol is to fight your way to a rifle.
>>  --
>
>        True, except that it's not a good idea in most cities and towns to walk
>around carrying a rifle. Or, maybe it is a *good* idea, but some people don't
>like it. And then you're much more likely to have to use it when you really
>didn't want to.

	Pistols are *handy*, but that doesn't mean they are a good
tool for the job. They are, at best adequate.

>        Trust me, carry a pistol -- concealed --- everything will go much
>better. And trying to carry something like a Desert Eagle concealed, in the
>Summer wearing shorts and tanktop ain't easy. Life is full of conflicts like
>this. Should I, or shouldn't I?

	I would, were I in Washington State, or any one of the 8
states that it has reciprocity with, carry my HK-p7. As it is, I live
in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia, one of a minority of states
whose citizens are too ignorant and untrustworthy to be allowed to
carry a concealed weapon.
http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html
It is one of the essential features of such incompetence that the person so
afflicted is incapable of knowing that he is incompetent. To have such
knowledge would already be to remedy a good portion of the offense.